10 day Free Trial
Making space for reading
If you'd like to get a taste of the way Opening the Book online learning works, you can take a look at this complete mini-course which demonstrates the power of our approach.
- You can read it through in 20 minutes or you can try out some of the ideas using the free graphic downloads.
- It’s fun, it’s practical and it’s full of easy-to-implement ideas.
- It is relevant to anyone working in a public or school library.
You can experience the course design:
- Clear text with simple Next and Previous buttons to navigate.
- Colourful illustrations.
- Space to type in your own thoughts as you go along.
- High-quality downloadable resources.
- Interactive exercises which make learning enjoyable.
You can understand our approach to delivering a structured process to engage and embed learning:
- Read and respond to new ideas and examples.
- Practise a skill online with an interactive exercise.
- Apply the idea in your own workplace.
- Reflect on the outcomes of that experience.
- Consider the potential to open out the learning across a wider area.
If you enjoy this taste of our approach, you can choose from a wide range of further courses specifically for elementary schools, high schools or public libraries.